Review of 2009 and What's Coming in 2010

This was an different year for me. I start working on an hard scheduled and that messed up my mind for some months. My physical conditions did hampered my reading as well... In the end it was not a lost year but it could have been better.
I've read only 73 books. And 11 of them I didn't finish. That's a new for me. As I said I wasn't good on my mind and some books didn't grab me.

But I will read them eventually...

My Top of the List books were
Gunheads by Steve Parker
On a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony
The Death of Grass by John Christopher
No Boundaries by Henry Kuttner and C. L. Moore
Harry Potter the first three books
The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie
Cadian Blood by Aaron Dembski-Bowden

My Least Favourite or dissapointed of the year were
Only Forward - Michael Marshall Smith
Blood County - Curl Selby
Icebound - Dean Koontz
November's Mourns - Tom Piccirilli
Out of the Ashes - William W Johnstone
The Execution Channel - Ken Macleod
Shadow of the Xel'Naga - Grabiel Mesta
The Return of the Time Machine - Egon Friedell

Well let us see what this new year will bring. I will try to read more books than this year. 100 books is my goal.

Some of the books/authors that I will try to read...
Rick Riordan (The first three books)
Harry Potter (the other four)
Out by Natsuo Kirino
Two books by José Rodrigues dos Santos (our own Dan Brown)
Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The first book of Dune (finaly)
Some Vampire Hunter D books (finally as well)
Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell
Under the Dome - Stephen King
Flash Forward - Rober J Saywer
K J Parker
The Sad Tale of the Brothers Grossbart
Dean Koontz
Ice Station by Matthew Reilly
Ramsey Campbell
Mel Odom
Brent Wekks
R Scott Baker
John Scalzi
The City and the City

Of Course many books of Black Library (I've got them all), Abaddon (I've got them all as well), Solaris (I've got plenty of them) and AngryRobots (I've got several of them) and Forgottem Realms

Well...
This is my want to read list... There are several I forgot to mention and several will come up with time. I will try to make more revies this year... Maybe a little smaller...
Good day to you all...

Comments

Tom Piccirilli said…
Sorry November Mourns made your least favorite list. Hope you'll still give some of my other books a try. Happy holidays--
Perkunos said…
Now I'm bit of sad. Darn... Not the best present to you isn't it? Well this all least favourite is awful.. I know.

Before reading November's Mourn I've only read one book by you and it was great. I thought it was in the same level of Ramsey Campbell or Graham Masterton or Clive Barker.

It was A Choir of Ill Children and I thought it was great. So when I read somewhere a good review of November's Mourn I bought it and it didn't work for me. The reviews in amazon or in other blogs are good but you can't please greeks and troyans... But this doesn't mean that I won't try again.

I will buy another book and try again.

Happy holidays