Book Review: Outlander - Matt Keefe

Outlander Outlander by Matt Keefe
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This book deserves ZERO stars but I am giving one because that's the minimum amount.

I started reading this book, because I wanted to read something quick and something that I always enjoyed... a Black Library book. When I found a little gem I start swearing out loud... in portuguese but in english it's like this... "ARE YOU FVCK*** KIDDING ME BLACK LIBRARY AND MATT KEEFE? Really? I wouldn't mind a bit of weak plot, or lack of characterization BUT this?

Pag126
"You bastard!" She yelled. "You're one of them, and after all this times you've..."
Durn hurriedly shushed her, pushing his hand over her mouth, and she slumped drunkenly back against the wall of the shaft, cleared exhausted by her outburst"
"You won't get away with this" Scoosne said, more calmly as the man remove his hand. "I'm going to tell every one of them just what you do, just how you like it...""


"Pag142
"You bastard!"She yelled. "You're one of them,and after all this times you've..."
The Cawdor hurriedly shushed her, pushing his hand over her mouth, and she slumped drunkenly back against the wall of the shaft, cleared exhausted by her outburst"
"You won't get away with this" Scoosne said, more calmly as the man remove his hand. "I'm going to tell every one of them just what you do, just how you like it...""


So, what a heck is this? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Copy paste??? Change a name and start over. It's the same action, same thing, only changed a name... Cawdor to Durn. This is wrong Mr Matt Keefe. This is two times wrong for you Black Library. You don't have proofreading?? It's stupid and easy to spot. What a hell? Damn it.

This same thing happens in the course of one single page afterwards that I didn't bother to copy paste.

I want to sent an email to BL to see what they respond. I should do it and maybe I will.

In terms of book - this book is awful. It started ok but it ended predictable as heck. I already knew Jurgen was Lagos as soon as they said his name. It's weak and it has been done elsewhere. There is nothing new and almost nothing that gave a 40K feeling or Necromunda.

I was wondering how Lakatos had two Bolt Pistols...
Not advisable to anyone.

View all my reviews

Comments