Book Review: The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderon

The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 10 of 10 stars

What a terrific book. After a day of reading it I am still thinking about it. This book remembered me why do I keep reading and the thrill it gives me. A deep philosophical book with an depth descriptions of two characters and an interesting and unique magical system.

For what I could understand this book is set on the same world as Elantris but which doesn't need any previous notion.

The poscript of this novel Sanderson talks about how he conceived the magical system and it gave me something more to understand the full lenght an author must go to write a good story.

Almost all tale is set on a room where our main character (Shai) tries to create a soulstamp for its captors. The Magical system (The Forgery) is told not in descriptions but in conversation between Shai and one of her's captor Gaotona.

The ending of the tale was excelent.

I advice this book to anyone who wants to read a good novel, or doesn't understand why people reads fantasy. Poetic, subtle, philosophical, psychological fantasy....

6 Stars book. And now I have to start reading Brandon Sanderson larger books... because this one had only 175 pages. Elantris has 675 and Way of the Kings (the first of a ten part series) is 1200 pages.

One Word: EPIC!

View all my reviews

Comments