Monthly Update -January 2017 - Movies, Series and Animes

I would like this month to be an example of this year. I've watched 162 shows (between animes, movies and TV series) which gives roughly 5,23 per day. If this continues it will give roughly 2000 episodes and/or movies. Last year I watch 963 shows - but let's be honest- I only started to be more serious in June/July.  

So what's to expect from the coming months? More animes undoubtly and I am trying to watch movies focused on Kaiju (monsters like Godzilla).

Movies ( 16 Movies)
Most of them were horror theme (as normal with me). One of my favourite was the last one I watch. Lights Out. Truly horror in terms of spooky feelings.  I am trying to make some small reviews from all of them but it will be difficult. I also watch the first movie from the Kaiju series called Beast from 20,000 Fathoms (american movie from 1953 - one year before Gojira (Godzilla).

TV Series (15 Eps)
Ministério do Tempo - Portuguese series with an alternate history feeling. Poorly made but what can I say - at least they are trying. Special Effects on the same level of some Sci-Fi series. 
Doctor Who - 2 Eps
Thunderbolt Fantasy - Finish the series. A puppeteer show which I initial thought it was weak but after watching 8 episodes in one month I must say it change my mind. Good series with a chinese feeling. I know they are coming back for a second season.

Pretty weak as you can see...

Anime (131 Eps)
Finished Animes (7)
Fune wo Amu (The Great Passage) (5eps) - Finish the series and probably one of the best of 2017. Really enjoy the series. Calm and Serenity at it's best. Dictionaries never looked so good.
- Gi(a)rlish Number -  (8eps) - From last season and it gave some glimpses of how the anime industry works. I enjoy it but overall not so interesting.
- www.working (12 eps) - This one was a blast. I watch it in three days I think. I couldn't stop watching. It was really fun. In the first episode I didn't gave much thought but it was funny as hell.
- Hitori no Shita: The Outcast (6 Eps) - I really try to like the series but I didn't. It felt incomplete like so many others. It demanded a second season that probably will never get it because the show was crap. Interesting main characters.
- Ao Oni: The animation (1Ep) - Mediocre anime of 3minutes episode about horror.
- Watashi Ga Motete Dousunda (11 Eps) - I really can't say much about the series. The series basically is how weight changes a person. Basically the plot deals with a girl who is fat and had no love interests and one day after some disease she wakes slim and beauty. From this moment on 4 guys appear and start battling for her. But she loves "man to man love..." so instead of dealing with her own feelings towards the guys she only wants to see them together - shipping as they call it. There isn't much plot. Each episode deals with one of them dealing with his own feelings.
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?  (12 eps) - This anime deals with the problem with videogames in teenagers. Basically there are some Otakus (A boy and several girls) that play a game for a year or so and meet for the first time. From that moment on their mission, besides continuing playing the game, is to make one of the girls understand that the game is not reality. Interesting show but I thought that in the grand scheme of things it felt a bit pointless. Nevertheless worth watching because it really it's fun.

Currently Watching (23)
I am not going to make them all here but basically from the 2017 Winter season I am watching:

Masamune-kun no Revenge / Seiren / Urara Meirochou (Labyrinth Town) / Demi-chan wa Kataritai (Interviews With Monster Girls) /Koro-Sensei Quest / Youjo Senki (Saga of Tanya the Evil) /Fuuka / ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka (ACCA: 13th Territory Inspection Dep) / Gabriel DropOut / KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! Vol 2 / Onihei / One Room /Kuzu no Honkai (Scum's Wish)

I am going to make a different post on those animes... I watch 3/4 episodes from each. I am watching as they are coming out. I must say compare with the two previous seasons (when I start watching regularly anime - some of these are really good)

Also watching Ano Natsu de Matteru  (Waiting in the Summer) from Winter 2012 and Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend - Season 1 from Winter 2015 (there is new season coming in Spring).

Also watching from last season (24 episodes series) - Sengoku Choujjuu Giga; Long Riders (delayed with two episodes missing); Tiger Mask W; All Out!! and Nobunaga no Shinobi.

In february I expect to finish from last season, which I stop watching Drifters; Stella no Mahou and I am undecided if I should drop Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru...

Comments