Anime Review: Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou (Fall 2003)

Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou is a comedy/school anime that unfortunately in the end fails to delivery. I watched after watching Detroit Metal City and was one of the suggested so I jumped right in. 

I must say I enjoy it but after some episodes it was always the same jokes and situations which bored me a bit. There is timeline and the characters evolved a bit and even if the beginning they say it has a main character by the end of 26 episode I can hardly say he is in half the show. Or at least is part was minor in some of the stories.

There are some interesting stuff and it remind me a bit of Gatos Fedorento (a comedy show here in Portugal).

Cool to watch but not that cool that I would advise to anyone. In the same vein I would advice Detroit Metal City or the best known within this comedy niche - Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan.

Freddie, the gorilla, the robot, the aliens, horses - that is only the normal day at Cromartie School

Comments